Without our nation’s veterans, America wouldn't be the great
nation it is today. Our youth deserve to learn about our rich history,
traditions and the role of our veterans in creating and shaping America.
Each year, the Veterans of Foreign Wars selects elementary,
middle, and high school teachers to participate in the Smart/Maher VFW
National Citizenship Education Teacher program.
Our Post Chairman is Robert Spidel, Post 4180. He can be reached at VFW4180@GMAIL.COM
State Awards are $200, and a citation for each of the three levels
- Grades K - 5
- Grades 6 - 8
- Grades 9 - 12
The top State winners at each level will be invited to the State
Awards Banquet at the Mid-Winter Conference in Macon on Saturday,
February 10, 2024.
who teach citizenship education topics, regularly teaching (at least
half of the school day in a classroom environment), and promote
America's history, traditions and institutions effectively.
Where to Start? Nominations
can be submitted by fellow teachers, supervisors, other interested
individuals as well as by the individual. Posts will recognize at least
one outstanding teacher and may submit entries in all three grade
Please pay close attention to the requirements on the application.
- Entry to Post by October 31
- Post judging completed by November 15
- Post updates to All-American Dashboard November 15
- District Judging completed by December 1
- District approves Post reports on All American dashboard by December 1
- State Judging completed by December 31
- State winners to National by January 15